Instant Pot Chickpea Pasta with Marinara
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 2 tightly packed cups Kale, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 15 oz Tomato sauce
- 8 oz Chickpea pasta
- 8 oz Baby bella mushrooms, minced
- 1 Small yellow onion, diced
- 1 Small zucchini, chopped
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté/Normal. Add the olive oil and onions and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the liquid cooks off and the mushrooms begin to brown. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add a cup of the water to the Instant Pot and deglaze the bottom of the pot by scraping up any browned bits on the bottom. Add the remaining water and stir.
- Combine marinara and tomato sauce. Evenly layer the remaining ingredients in the following order: kale, zucchini, then dry pasta. Spread the sauce evenly over the pasta but don’t stir the layers together.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual/High for 6 minutes. When cook time ends, vent manually. When the pin drops, open the Instant Pot, remove the inner pot and stir.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Fresh-Out.com