Hot Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Yield: 20 dates
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 20 Medjool dates
- 10 slices Bacon
- 4 oz Goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Jalapeño, thinly-sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bring honey and jalapeno to a light simmer in a pan over medium-low heat. Turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Strain honey through a mesh sieve to remove the jalapeno pieces. Set aside.
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Slice the dates open lengthwise halfway down. Remove the pits.
- Stuff each date with a bit of the goat cheese.
- Wrap each date with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the dates, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Bacon should be crispy on all sides.
- Move the dates to a plate and drizzle with the prepared hot honey.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from HowSweetEats.com