Homemade Toaster Tarts
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- 2 tbsp Creamy nut butter
- 1 Frozen pie crust
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Thaw the pie crust and roll flat.
- Cut four rectangles out of the crust, approximately 3 inches wide by 4 inches tall.
- On one rectangle, spread the nut butter in the center, leaving approximately a half inch on each side.
- On another rectangle, spread the preserves in the center, leaving the same amount of space around the edges.
- Top each base with one of the other rectangles, crimping the edges together with the tines of a fork. Slice vents into the top of each tart.
- Refrigerate tarts for about thirty minutes while the oven preheats to 350º.
- Remove tarts from refrigerator and apply the beaten egg to the tops of the tarts using a pastry brush.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until they’re lightly golden brown.
Try with different nut butters and preserve flavors for endless combinations!
Recipe adapted from BonneMaman.us