- Yield: 5 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1/2 cup Honey, or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup Sliced almonds
- 1 cup Raisins, or other dried, chopped fruit
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the oil, honey, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the oats and almonds and stir to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer. If the granola is clumpy, use a spatula to press it into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. The granola is ready when golden-brown and the almonds have toasted.
- Remove from the oven, add the fruit, tamp down and let cool. Cool completely before storing.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from TheKitchn.com