Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Sherry vinegar, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Red tabasco sauce
- 1/2 Cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 Red onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt, or more to taste
- 3 Heirloom tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- Place the oil, vinegar and tabasco in a blender and pulse for a few seconds. Add the cucumber, onion, parsley, basil, garlic and salt and blend until smooth.
- Add the tomatoes, a few pieces at a time, and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Chill gazpacho in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, whisk gazpacho and season with more salt or vinegar to taste.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from BrainHQ.com