Ham Steak With Pineapple and Sesame
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Dark beer
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Kosher salt
- 3 lb Bone-in ham steak, cut 1 1/2 inches thick
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine everything except the ham steak and sesame seeds in a large ziploc and mix well. Add the ham and seal, removing as much air as possible. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat a grill on high heat.
- Remove the ham from the marinade and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, then pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Place on the hot grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Reduce grill to low heat and continuing cooking, flipping occasionally, until the ham reaches an internal temperature of 140F in the thickest area.
- Move ham to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cut the meat off the bone, slicing against the grain.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from FoodAndWine.com