Halibut with Nectarine Salsa
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 large ripe nectarines, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. lime zest
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped*
- 4 (4-oz.) halibut fillets
- For the salsa, in a medium bowl combine cucumber, nectarines, onion, cilantro, lime zest and jalapeño; mix well. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet generously with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Place fillets in skillet; cook 4 to 6 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve fillets with salsa.
Per serving: 126 calories, 1g fat, 0g saturated fat, 42mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 17g protein
* Use caution when handling hot peppers. Wear disposable gloves or wash hands in hot, soapy water afterward.