Haddock and Scallion Chowder
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 lb Smoked haddock
- 1 3/4 Milk
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Medium potato, diced
- 5 Scallions, sliced, divided
- 1 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 Vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup Sweet Corn
- Place the fish and milk in a small pot and poach the fish for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove fish from milk, and set both aside.
- Heat the oil in a pot over low heat. Add the potato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 sliced scallions and sauté for 1 minute. Sprinkle with the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour the reserved milk into the pot, stirring continuously. Then add the stock and corn.
- Bring to a boil, then remove the pot from the heat. Flake the haddock into the soup.
- Serve immediately topped with remaining sliced scallion.
Recipe adapted from SainsburyMagazine.co.uk