Grilled Tilapia with Spicy Slaw
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. finely chopped jalapeño*
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 (4- to 5-oz.) tilapia fillets
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- For the slaw, in a medium bowl combine vinegar, cilantro, jalapeño and garlic. Add cabbage, onion and bell pepper; toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F to 350°F). Drizzle fillets with oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill fillets, covered, 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fillets to 4 serving plates. Top each fillet with slaw, and serve.
Per serving: 150 calories, 6g fat, 1g saturated fat, 46mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 16g protein
*Use caution when handling hot peppers. Wear disposable gloves or wash hands in hot, soapy water afterward.