Grilled Steak Salad
- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. flat iron steak, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tsp. garlic pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach or arugula
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F to 350°F). Coat both sides of steak with nonstick cooking spray. Rub with garlic pepper, and salt to taste.
- Grill, covered, 5 to 8 minutes per side (145°F for medium-rare) or to desired doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board; let stand 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place spinach on 6 plates. Top with bell pepper and onion, and drizzle with vinaigrette. Thinly slice steak against the grain; place on top of salads. If desired, sprinkle evenly with cheese, and serve.
Per serving: 239 calories, 15g fat, 4g saturated fat, 44mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 20g protein