Grilled Lobster Tails
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 stick Salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp Tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Dash hot sauce
- Ground black pepper
- 4 (7-ounce) Lobster tails
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Chive sprigs
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Preheat grill to direct medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl combine thoroughly butter, chives, tarragon, minced garlic, hot sauce and black pepper with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Butterfly the lobster tails straight down the middle of the soft underside of the shell. Shallowly cut the meat down the center without cutting all the way through. Insert a metal skewer down the lobster tail so the tail stands straight. Brush the tails with olive oil and season with salt.
- Place lobsters cut side down on the hot grill and cook until the shells are bright red, about 5 minutes. Flip the tails and spoon a generous tbsp of prepared herbed butter onto the meat. Grill for another 4 minutes, or until the lobster meat is an opaque white color.
- Remove tails from the grill. Garnish with chive and serve with prepared herb butter and lemon wedges.
Recipe adapted from FoodNetwork.com