Grilled Hanger Steak
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1 ⁄ 2 lbs Hanger steak
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- Raita, for serving
- Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Combine the salt and pepper and rub into all sides of the steak then place on the rack. Refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 4 hours, up to 1 day. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before grilling to let it come to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place steak on hot grill and cook, turning once, until the meat is done to your taste, about 10 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain and serve immediately with raita, or sauce of choice.
Recipe adapted from LeitesCulinaria.com