Grilled Corn and Kale Salad
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 13 minutes
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 cups trimmed and coarsely chopped kale leaves
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). Brush corn evenly with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Grill corn, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning frequently. Remove from grill and let cool. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cob and place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil over kale; toss gently. Place kale in a grill basket or on a sheet of heavy-duty foil. Grill kale 3 to 5 minutes, turning frequently until slightly wilted. Let cool.
- To the large bowl add kale, tomatoes, onion, basil, vinegar, lemon juice, remaining oil, and pepper to taste; toss gently to combine. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 210 calories, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 6g protein
*30 minutes chill time extra