Grilled Bone-In Strip Steak
- Bone-in strip steaks, 1 inch thick
- Steak seasoning of choice
- Remove meat from the refrigerator 30-40 before cooking and let it come to room temperature.
- Rub steak with seasoning to taste.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Sear each side for 1-2 minutes. Reduce to medium heat and continue to grill for the time listed below to reach desired doneness. Flip the steak about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- Remove steaks from the grill 5°F before desired doneness, the temperature of the meat will continue to rise about 5°F while resting. Cover lightly with foil and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from KansasCitySteaks.com