Grilled Bacon and Red Onion Pizza
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 lb Pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for rolling
- 3/4 cup Tomato sauce
- 12 slices Thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large Red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat grill so that 2/3 of grill is on high heat and 1/3 is on low heat.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. On a lightly-floured work surface, roll out each piece of dough into a 6″ circle. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes.
- Lightly coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- Gently stretch a piece of the dough into a round, about 9″, then place on the pan to coat both sides. Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough.
- Working with 2 pieces at a time, lift the dough rounds and lay them on the hot part of the grill. Cook over high heat until seared, about 10 seconds. Using tongs, rotate dough and continue cooking 10 – 20 seconds more.
- Flip dough over and move to the cooler area. Apply 1/4 of the toppings to each piece of dough, then slide dough back and forth between hot and cool areas to finish cooking dough, melt cheese and heat toppings, about 30 seconds more.
- Transfer pizzas to a cutting board. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Oprah.com