Green & Yellow Squash Quiche
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small Zucchini, cut into small dice
- 1 small Yellow squash, cut into small dice
- 1 cup Half & half
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp Basil pesto
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cup All-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp Shortening
- 3 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 6 tsp Cold water
No Roll Pie Crust
- Put all ingredients into a small mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Press firmly onto sides and bottom of quiche pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, and sauté the zucchini and yellow squash over medium-high heat until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half & half, eggs, Gruyere, basil pesto, cornstarch, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the vegetable mixture and stir well. Pour the filling into the uncooked crust, and bake until set, about 25 minutes.
Submitted by Sue Adams, Mark Adams Greenhouses