Gnocchi with Bacon Spinach Cream Sauce
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb Gnocchi
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup Vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 cup Fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup Basil leaves, for garnish
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crispy, then place on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain some of the excess fat from the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, the shallot and garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Add tomato, cook for one minute, then add in the vegetable stock. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, add cream and parmesan and cook for another minute, stirring continuously, until smooth.
- Mix in the spinach. Once it’s wilted, add the bacon back to the pan. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve immediately topped with basil leaves and extra Parmesan.
Recipe adapted from EatWell101.c0m