Spring Parsnip & Dandelion Soup
- 1 White onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 2 quarts Vegetable stock
- 1 Potato, peeled and diced
- 4 Parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- Black pepper
- Ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Dandelion greens, washed and chopped
- In a soup pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant and the onions are translucent.
- Add vegetable stock, potato, parsnips and heavy cream. Cook on low heat until the potato and parsnip pieces are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- In a skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté dandelion greens until wilted and tender. Add to the pureed soup and serve.
This recipe is courtesy of Global Palate Restaurant, from the kitchen of Chef Jessica Winchell.