German Potato Salad
- 2 lbs Waxy potatoes
- 6-8 slices Bacon, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Beef stock
- 6 tbsp White vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon or German mustard
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Chives, chopped
- Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Place it on a paper towel-lined plate, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and saute over medium heat, until just translucent, about 3-4 mins.
- Add the beef broth and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add vinegar, mustard, oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove from the water and let them cool until you can handle them. Then peel them and cut into slices or half moons.
- Place potatoes into a large bowl and pour the hot dressing over the potatoes. Gently stir until evenly combined, then gently stir in the bacon.
- Let salad sit for 20 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate or serve warm.
Recipe adapted from PlatedCarvings.com