Garlic Butter Steak For Two
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 48 minutes
- 1 Ribeye steak, 2 inch thick
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 2 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs Fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Generously season all sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Place on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour until an instant thermometer reads 125F for medium-rare. Add or subtract time for a different level of doneness.
- Heat the canola oil in a pan over high heat until smoking.
- Sear the steak for 30 seconds on one side. Then flip the steak and add the butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
- Baste the steak with the butter and herbs by spooning the mixture over the steak. Continue basting for about 30 seconds, then flip and baste the other side for about 15 seconds.
- Turn the steak on its side and cook off any excess fat.
- Place steak on a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the steak into ½ inch strips.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Tasty.co