Garlic Bay Scallops
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb Bay scallops
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 - 4 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Hot cooked pasta or rice along with sautéed spinach or Swiss chard (for serving)
- Rinse the scallops thoroughly with cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Put the flour in a bowl and roll the scallops in the flour to lightly coat, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops to the hot oil and lightly brown, stirring frequently, for about 90 seconds. Work in batches to avoid overcrowding the skillet. Using a slotted spoon, remove cooked scallops to a plate.
- Return the scallops to the skillet along with the minced garlic, salt and pepper. Continue to cook and stir for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes longer, lowering the heat if needed to avoid burning.
- Garnish the scallops with parsley and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta or rice and sautéed spinach or Swiss chard.
Recipe adapted from TheSpruceEats.com