Fruit and Grain Salad w/Edible Flowers and Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Yield: Serves 4-6
- 2 tbsp Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 Shallot or red onion, chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- 3 strawberries (or 2 if very large)
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon balm
- 1/3 cup Neutral oil (like grape seed or sunflower)
- 1 tbsp Water
- Ground black pepper
- 4 cups Mixed lettuces, ripped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup Melon, chunked
- 1 cup Strawberries, halved if large
- 1 cup Blackberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup Mixed herbs (basil, lemon balm, thyme, mint, chives), chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts, chopped
- Handful of edible flowers/petals (nasturtium + a few of their leaves, marigold, viola, strawberry, thyme, rose)
- 1 cup Cooked brown rice
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Cooked barley
- Place everything in the jar of a blender and whirl it all up (salt and pepper to taste).
- Combine and arrange everything so that it looks pretty in a large, shallow serving bowl.
- Toss your lettuces together, if you are using more than one kind.
- Cover the bottom of the bowl. Spread out your grains and fruits.
- Sprinkle everything with the herbs and flowers/petals.
- Add the nuts.
- Dish out portions and pass the vinaigrette and pepper mill.
Submitted by Marita Orr, withseedsofintention.com