- Yield: 4 servings
- Peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups Sliced dill pickles, drained
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Horseradish, drained
- 2 tsp Ketchup
- 1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Make the sauce by mix the mayonnaise, horseradish, ketchup and Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Set it aside until ready to serve.
- Spread the pickles on paper towels and pat dry.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a pot over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 F.
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup water in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add half of the pickles to the batter and toss to coat. Remove from the batter using a slotted spoon and add to the oil one at a time.
- Fry until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes, Remove from the pot and let dry on paper towel.
- Return the oil to 375 F and repeat with the remaining pickles.
- Serve immediately with the prepared sauce.
Recipe adapted from FoodNetwork.com