Fried Catfish with Asian Slaw
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. fried rice seasoning mix
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 5 tsp. fried rice seasoning mix
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 (6-oz.) catfish fillets
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- For the slaw, in a large bowl combine cabbage, radishes, onion and cilantro. For the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar and 1 teaspoon fried rice seasoning. Whisk in sesame oil. Pour dressing over slaw; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.*
- For the catfish, in a shallow dish combine cornstarch, 5 teaspoons fried rice seasoning, and pepper. Rinse fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Place fillets in cornstarch mixture; turn to coat evenly.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with Asian Slaw.
Per serving: 342 calories, 14g fat, 3g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 28g protein
*The slaw can be made several hours ahead. Toss with the dressing just before serving.