Fried Catfish with Asian Slaw
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 3 cups Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Fried rice seasoning mix
- 1 tsp Dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 5 tsp Fried rice seasoning mix
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 4 (6-oz) Catfish fillets
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- For the slaw, combine cabbage, radishes, onion and cilantro. For the dressing, whisk together vinegar and 1 tsp fried rice seasoning. Whisk in sesame oil. Pour dressing over slaw and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.*
- For the catfish, in a shallow dish combine cornstarch, 5 tsp fried rice seasoning and pepper. Rinse fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Place fillets in cornstarch mixture, turning to coat evenly.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add fillets and cook 2 – 3 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with Asian Slaw.
*The slaw can be made several hours ahead. Toss with the dressing just before serving.