Firecracker Shrimp Skewers
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- 2 cloves Garlic, grated
- 3/4 cup packed Light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 Skewers
- If you have wood skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.
- Whisk together the garlic, sugar, hot sauce, vinegar, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes and set aside.
- Dry the shrimp with paper towels, then add them to the marinade and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Bend each shrimp in half and thread onto the skewers, pinning both the tail and head ends of each shrimp. Distribute them equally among the skewers and space them evenly. Place prepared skewers on a baking sheet.
- Cook the remaining marinade on the grill or stove until syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and brush with the marinade. Cook uncovered for about 3 minutes, until the shrimp is just starting to turn pink. Flip the skewers, brush the shrimp with more marinade and cook another 3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through and coating is slightly charred.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from TheKitchn.com