Dark Chocolate and Basil Truffles
- 1 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz dark chocolate baking bar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons loosely packed basil leaves (washed & dried), finely chopped
- Cocoa powder
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat cream to a gentle boil in a small heavy duty saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and stir until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is melted.
- Add sour cream, corn syrup, vanilla extract and bail; stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drop chocolate mixture by rounded measuring teaspoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Shape into or roll into balls.
- Dust truffles with cocoa. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to three days.
*Submitted by Doris Pogada, Adams Fairacre Farms, Kingston, Sweet Shop