Crispy Risotto Cakes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package Alessi Risotto Milanese
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp Garlic puree
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Creamy garlic dressing for serving (optional)
- Cook risotto according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the heavy cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Add parmesan and whisk until smooth. Simmer until thick, about 15 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside. Sauce will thicken further as it cools.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Add the cooled risotto and 1 cup breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Place remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Using about 1/3 cup at a time, form risotto mixture into patties and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Cover the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil and heat on medium heat. In batches, fry risotto patties until golden brown and crispy. Add more oil as needed.
- Drain on paper towels and serve risotto cakes with the creamy garlic sauce as a dip.
Recipe adapted from AlessiFoods.com