Creamy Pumpkin and Shrimp Pasta
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 5-6 leaves Sage
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 10-12 Large shrimp, deshelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup White cheddar, shredded
- 3/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Cook pasta of your choice according to package instructions, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the broth with flour until it’s thoroughly combined. Add more flour if you want a thicker sauce. Pour the rest of the broth in the skillet with the garlic.
- Slowly stir in the broth/flour mixture until well combined.
- Add pumpkin and sage, and gently simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the milk.
- Add the shrimp and continue to simmer. Once the shrimp is cooked, remove the sage leaves and add the cooked pasta.
- Add the cheddar and stir until the cheese has melted and is evenly distributed throughout.
- Place spinach in bowls and add pasta on top.
- Add the tomatoes and parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from CookingWithAWallflower.com