Creamy Lemon Salmon Pasta
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 12 oz Spaghetti, or favorite pasta
- 2 Salmon fillets, skinless
- 1/2 tsp Cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Lemons
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Parsley, coarsely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When finished, save 1 cup of the cooking water before draining.
- Cut the salmon into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted, turn the heat to high, add the salmon and sauté for 2 minutes until a crust has formed and the salmon is almost cooked.
- Move salmon to a warm plate, squeeze half a lemon over it, sprinkle with black pepper and tent with foil to let rest.
- In the same skillet, add the heavy cream, zest of one lemon and the juice of the remaining 1 ½ lemons. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir gently to combine well. Add a little more pasta water if needed.
- Gently stir in the cooked salmon, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from SprinklesAndSprouts.com