Cranberry Brie Pastry Tarts
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp Salted butter, melted
- 2 cups Fresh cranberries
- 2-4 tbsp Brown sugar, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 box Frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 16 oz Brie, cut into 12 slices, rind on
- 1/3 cup Fig preserves
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Coarse sugar
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the butter, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 6 rectangles and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Spread each rectangle with about 1 tsp fig preserves, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- Top each peice with a slice of brie and then pile the cranberries over the brie, pressing them in to make them stay if needed.
Fold the edges of the pastry in to enclose the brie and brush the edges with the egg and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until pastry is golden and the cheese is melted. Top with fresh thyme and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from HalkBakedHarvest.com