Corn Salad with Pancetta & Mushrooms
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 Large ears of corn, shucked
- 8 Scallions
- 4 oz Pancetta, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 oz Cremini mushrooms
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz Frisée, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp Chives, snipped
- Shaved Gruyère cheese, for serving
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the corn until crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Let cool, then cut the kernels off the cobs.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron skillet, cook the scallions over high heat until charred on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Cut into 2-inch lengths.
- In the same skillet, cook the pancetta over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 1 tbsp of fat from the skillet.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 – 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon zest and juice with the honey, vinegar and remaining 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Add the corn, scallions, pancetta, mushrooms, frisée and chives and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with shaved Gruyère and serve.
Recipe adapted from FoodAndWine.com