- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb Cod fish fillets, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup Seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Place the shredded fish, breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic, shallot, lemon zest and eggs in to a medium size bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Take a handful of mixture, squeeze it into a tight ball and flatten slightly into a 1/2 inch thick disc, set aside. Repeat process to form 12 cod cakes.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the cod patties for about 4-5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. If you need to work in batches to avoid overcrowding, add a bit more oil as needed.
- Place cooked cakes on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from DeliciousLittleBites.com