- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Large egg
- 1 1/4 cups White or blue cornmeal
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Use shortening to grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch round pan or, 8 x 8 inch square pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to mix well.
- Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl until well combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients just until flour is moistened, batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Food.com