- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or black olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Orange zest, finely grated
- Hot cooked couscous or rice (optional)
- Combine flour, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper to taste in a large resealable plastic bag. Shake to mix well. Add the chicken, seal the bag and shake to coat. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Add 3 tbsp of the broth plus juice, sugar and olives. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked (165°F). Remove chicken, set aside and keep warm.
- For the sauce, in a cup or small bowl stir cornstarch into remaining 1 tbsp broth until dissolved. Add to pan juices in skillet and cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in orange zest.
- Spoon sauce on chicken and (if desired) serve over hot couscous or rice.