- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup pitted, quartered kalamata or black olives
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- Hot cooked couscous or rice (optional)
- Combine flour, thyme, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to mix well. Add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Add 3 tablespoons of the broth plus juice, sugar and olives. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked (165°F). Remove chicken; set aside and keep warm.
- For sauce, in a cup or small bowl stir cornstarch into remaining 1 tablespoon broth until dissolved. Add to pan juices in skillet; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in orange zest.
- Spoon sauce on chicken and (if desired) serve over hot couscous or rice.
Per serving: 224 calories, 7g fat, 1g saturated fat, 84mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 33g protein