Citrus and Mixed-Grain Pilaf
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked 7-grain pilaf blend (1 sleeve)
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large green onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- In a small saucepan prepare pilaf according to package directions. Remove saucepan from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare orange segments. Using a small paring knife, cut away peel. Working over a large bowl to catch the juice, cut between membranes to remove orange segments. Squeeze membranes over bowl to release additional juice. (Juice should measure about 3 tablespoons.) Add oil, onion, currants and tarragon; toss lightly to combine.
- Add pilaf to orange mixture; toss gently to combine. Season with pepper to taste, and serve.
Per serving: 259 calories, 6g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 7g protein