Skip to content
Citrus and Mixed-Grain Pilaf
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup 7-grain pilaf rice blend, uncooked
- 2 Navel oranges
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dried currants
- 1 tbsp Fresh tarragon, chopped
- In a small saucepan prepare pilaf according to package directions. Remove saucepan from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare orange segments. Using a small paring knife, cut away peel. Working over a large bowl to catch the juice, cut between membranes to remove orange segments. Squeeze membranes over bowl to release additional juice. (Juice should measure about 3 tablespoons.) Add oil, onion, currants and tarragon; toss lightly to combine.
- Add pilaf to orange mixture; toss gently to combine. Season with pepper to taste, and serve.