Chili con Carne
- Yield: 5 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Dried oregano
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 28 oz can Crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup Beef stock
- 14.5 oz can Kidney beans, drained
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until lightly golden, 2 – 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until meat is cooked through.
- Add the cumin, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper and tomato paste and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes, beef stock and beans and reduce to low heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in the parsley.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chili thickens, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream or jalapenos if desired.
Recipe adapted from Errenskitchen.com