Chicken with Festive Fruit Sauce
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 (5-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 (5-oz.) pkg. mixed dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries, cherries and plums), coarsely chopped
- 3 to 4 large fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 cup port wine, or blend of 1/2 cup cranberry juice and 1/2 cup beef broth
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and pound to an even thickness; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag combine flour and lemon pepper. Add chicken; seal bag, and turn to coat evenly.
- In a large nonstick skillet melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes per side to brown.
- For the fruit sauce, add fruit and thyme to skillet; stir in port. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, 5 to 8 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F. Transfer chicken to a platter; cover to keep warm.
- Simmer fruit sauce over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Spoon fruit sauce on chicken, and serve.
Per serving: 387 calories, 10g fat, 5g saturated fat, 124mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 37g protein