Skip to content
Chicken with Festive Fruit Sauce
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Lemon pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter, divided
- 5-oz Mixed dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries, cherries and plums), coarsely chopped
- 3 - 4 Fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 cup Port wine, or blend of 1/2 cup cranberry juice and 1/2 cup beef broth
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and pound to an even thickness; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag combine flour and lemon pepper. Add chicken, seal bag and turn to coat evenly.
- In a large nonstick skillet melt 1 tbsp of the butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes per side to brown.
- For the fruit sauce, add fruit and thyme to skillet then stir in port. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 5 – 8 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Simmer fruit sauce over medium-high heat 3 – 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining 1 tbsp butter.
- Spoon fruit sauce over chicken and serve.