- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Margarine
- 10 oz package Frozen chopped spinach
- 1 jar Pasta sauce
- 1 tsp Dried basil leaves
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Rinse the chicken, dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Add margarine to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken skin side down in skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Do in batches to avoid overcrowding the skillet.
- Return all chicken to skillet with the onion and garlic, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and move the chicken to one side.
- Add frozen spinach to the cleared space and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and the basil.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer, breaking up the spinach as it cooks.
- Warm up pasta sauce and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Thoroughly combine the spinach and onion mixture..
- Turn chicken skin side up, and spread out over the spinach mix. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover skillet and simmer 10 minutes longer, until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Arrange drained spaghetti on a large platter.
- Pour heated spaghetti sauce over pasta and top with cooked spinach mixture.
- Arrange chicken thighs on top and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Food.com