Chicken in Tomato Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 14 oz can Crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz can Roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/8 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 12 oz Spaghetti, cooked
- Rub chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken in the hot skillet and cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes. The chicken will then separate from the pan easily. Flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the onion and sauté 3-4 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, roasted tomatoes, heavy cream and Italian seasoning and bring to a simmer. Place the chicken back into the pan and simmer for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately over prepared pasta.
Recipe adapted from LaughingSpatula.com