Chicken and Rice with Peanut Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3 lbs Skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups RiceSelect Jasmati White Rice, uncooked
- 3 1/4 cups Water, divided
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp Chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro, to serve
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes. Move chicken to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add ginger, shallots and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the rice, 3 cups water and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Nestle the chicken thighs into the rice mixture. Cover pot and cook on low heat, about 25 minutes, until rice is cooked and chicken reached an internal temperature of 165F.
- Microwave 1/4 cup water until warmed, add peanut butter, 1 tbsp soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, honey and lime juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Serve chicken and rice topped with peanut sauce and chopped cilantro.
Recipe adapted from RiceSelect.com