Challah French Toast
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 loaf Day-old challah, 3/4 inch thick
- Unsalted butter
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Place a few slices of the challah in the mixture and let soak, flipping occasionally, 1-2 minutes. The bread should be saturated, but not falling apart.
- Place 1 1/2 tbsp butter and 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, place the bread in the skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer to the prepared wire rack and place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining slices.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from OnceUponAChef.com