Cauliflower Carrot Mash
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 4 Medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh oregano (or thyme), chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower and carrots until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Sauté onion and garlic until soft and onion is translucent.
- Place sautéed onion and garlic in a large bowl. Add cauliflower and carrots and mash with a fork.
- Beat with a hand mixer until well combined, adding a little butter if you like. Add herbs and season with salt and pepper. Top with a pat of butter and a sprinkling of herbs.
A little something different, this side dish is both tasty and pretty. Not cloyingly sweet thanks to the addition of cauliflower, it pairs well with ham or lamb. Herbs add excellent flavor and complexity.