Brussels Sprout and Cheddar Soup
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp Olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 medium Onions, chopped
- 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 3/4 cups Vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp Cream
- 3 1/2 oz Cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Trim ends off of sprouts and cook in salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cool, chop half the sprouts and cut the rest into quarters.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry the onions until soft, 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 1 minute. Then add the chopped sprouts and stock, cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place soup into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and stir in the cream, quartered sprouts, cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately topped with a drizzle of olive oil and extra grated cheddar.
Recipe adapted from Sainsburys.co.uk