Blackened Salmon with Citrus Salsa
- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (11-oz.) can mandarin orange sections in light syrup, drained
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 4 (4- to 5-oz.) salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 tsp. blackening or seafood seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F. For the citrus salsa, in a medium bowl combine orange sections, onion, bell pepper, cilantro and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place fillets on baking sheet; sprinkle with seasoning. Lightly coat fillets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with citrus salsa.
Per serving: 179 calories, 7g fat, 2g saturated fat, 43mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 18g protein