Bay Scallops with Spinach and Grape Tomatoes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 lb Bay scallops
- 2 tbsp Butter, divided
- 4 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 oz Baby spinach
- 12 Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 6 oz Pasta of choice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pat scallops dry and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half lengthwise and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread them evenly on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Roast for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through, then set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti to al dente.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the scallops, leaving space in between, cook in batches if needed. Cook scallops 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add some olive oil, the garlic and shallots. Cook 1 minute.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and cook for 1 minute more. Then add the baby spinach and 1/2 cup of white wine. Cover and cook for several minutes, until the spinach wilts.
- Gently add the pasta and scallops to the spinach mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and finish with another 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Toss gently to combine and warm the scallops through.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from MyGlutenFreeCucina.com