Basil Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Yield: 2 quarts
- Prep Time: 2 hours, 22 minutes
- 4 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 4 cups Sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Plain or vanilla yogurt (I use Greek yogurt)
- 2 cups Whipping cream
- Mix strawberries and sugar in a bowl. Put aside for about 45 minutes. Stir mixture about every 10 minutes.
- Put basil, lemon zest and strawberries in a food processor. Pulse the mixture until almost pureed.
- Whisk yogurt and whipping cream in a bowl for about 3 minutes. Add in basil, strawberry and lemon zest mixture and mix together. Cover the mixture and place in fridge for about an hour and a half.
- Take mixture out of the fridge and pour into a freezer container and cover. Place in freezer.
- Serve after freezing and garnish with basil leaves.
Submitted by Bree Sapunarich
Adams Fairacre Farms, Kingston store