Basil Plum Granita
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup Water
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 5 Whole allspice
- 1 1/2 lbs Black plums, quartered
- 2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup Basil leaves
- Place first water, sugar, vanilla, salt, allspice and plums in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until plums begin to fall apart, stirring occasionally.
- Remote and discard allspice. Place pan in a large ice-filled bowl and cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- Place the plum mixture, lime juice and basil in a blender and process until well blended.
- Press the plum mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl, and discard solids.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish. Cover and freeze until partially frozen, about 2 hours.
- Scrape mixture with a fork, crushing any lumps. Freeze for 3 hours, scraping with a fork every hour, or until completely frozen.
Recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com