Basil Pesto Pasta
- 1 lb Dried pasta
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1⁄4 cup Pine nuts
- 3 cups Fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Parmigiana Reggiano cheese, grated
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions.
- Place the garlic, pine nuts, basil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine.
- While the machine is running, drizzle in the oil through the feed tube, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and spoon the pesto over the top.
Submitted by Aroma Osteria Restaurant