Basil Pesto Pasta
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves (loosely packed)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup (or 1 oz.) grated parmigaino reggiano cheese
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions.
- Place the garlic, pine nuts, basil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine.
- While the machine is running, drizzle in the oil through the feed tube, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and spoon the pesto over the top.
*Submitted by Aroma Osteria Restaurant