- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnishing (e.g. sweet dani or mint basil)
- 8 cups lemonade
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring the sugar and 1 1⁄2 cups cold water to a simmer.
- Cook, without stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the basil, and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup into a resealable container and discard the solids.
*Submitted by Real Simple Magazine