- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Fresh basil leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnishing
- 8 cups Lemonade
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cold water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar and 1 1⁄2 cups cold water to a simmer.
- Cook, without stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the basil and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup into a resealable container and discard the solids.
- Add 2-3 tsps syrup into each cup of lemonade and stir to combine. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs.
Submitted by Real Simple Magazine