- Yield: 24 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Dried blueberries
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 large Egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, blueberries and salt. In a separate bowl combine banana, oil, vanilla and egg. Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. (The dough will be very sticky.)
- Lightly coat work surface with flour and turn the dough out onto the floured surface. With floured hands, shape dough into 2 rolls 8 inches long and 3 inches wide. Place rolls on baking sheet. Slightly flatten rolls.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes on baking sheet.
- Transfer rolls to a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut each roll diagonally into 12 slices 1/2-inch thick. Return slices to baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250°F. Bake 15 minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake 15 minutes more.
- Transfer biscotti to a wire cooling rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.